Salads with BBQ
To be honest, I'm not much of a salad person. Of course I'll have one every once in awhile when I'm out to dinner or lunch but other than that, I don't make too many of them at home. I'm not sure why but I think I'll have to change that.
I really enjoy salads and all the different ways you are able to make a salad and all the different tangy, sweet, savory kinds of dressings that you can add to them.
I might not make too many of them because my husband is not much of a salad eater either and of course our two littles don't eat salad. But they actually ate this one. Maybe because it has a ton of BBQ chicken and bacon on it that was the winner? Bacon. Has to be the bacon.
Eh… doesn't matter, they ate it just the same.
Anyway, with this salad, you can really put just about anything that you want on it with the BBQ chicken. I stuck with the corn/black bean theme because I've been cooking a few recipes with them lately and had some left over in the fridge that needed to be eaten. And of course, what is a salad without avocado? Seriously, I put avocado on just about anything I can.
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 8 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and cook to desired doneness, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to skillet and cook through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet and let cool before dicing into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Add chicken to medium bowl with BBQ sauce and toss to coat, adding more BBQ sauce to your preference.
Assemble the salad:
- Place romaine lettuce in large bowl and top with arranged rows of bacon, chicken, tomato, avocado, corn, and black beans.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag #JENNMEYERING for an IG feature and FB Feature! Plus, I'd love to see your creations!