What to Serve with BBQ Pork?
FYI:I’ve updated two of my favorite recipes with new pictures and a few notes. The best blueberry muffins in.the.world and this delicious southwest salad.
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches rank right up there with some of my husband’s favorite meals. I tried three recipes last year that I thought would be sure winners and they were awful. One was so strong on the vinegar, we all gagged while it was cooking; the other two were just average and nothing to write home about.
So when my old high school friend, Sarah, sent me this recipe raving about it’s delicious simplicity, I tried it. And tried it. And tried it. And it has been a hit every time. In fact, just last week, I made it for our family reunion serving 13 kids and 13 adults and it was scarfed down (the leftovers were made into everything from nachos to quesadillas to pork/avocado rollups).
The recipe is so easy it is nearly mindless but it produces pork that is falling apart in it’s tenderness with a hint of hickory smokiness. Combined with my favorite homemade BBQ sauce and these to-die for rolls, this is seriously a meal for all seasons. (Thanks, Sarah!)
French Bread Rolls (for the bun)
An awesome side like this: Barbecue Macaroni Salad, Coleslaw, or these Boston Baked Beans
Fresh vegetables and/or green salad
One Year Ago: Easy Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Two Years Ago: Fusilli alla Caprese
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (I’ve also used boneless pork loin – not tenderloin – but pork loin with good results)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Rinse the pork shoulder and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper over the pork and place in a slow cooker. Add water and liquid smoke. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork is very tender.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and discard the remaining liquid. Shred the pork using a couple of forks. Place the meat back in the slow cooker along with the barbecue sauce and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until the pork is hot again. Serve on buns with extra barbecue sauce.
Share this article
Direct Express Auto Transport was the first business concern, which offered an instant online calculator for estimating an auto transport quotes. Once they understood the complication of receiving the direct response to a simple question: “What is the price of shipping my car?” They analyzed that the estimated cost of transportation of the vehicle can be supplied only in case personal information was given for the first time. So, they decided not to ask any private information, but assure customers of their honest and responsible attitude.