Side Dishes for Grilled steak
The perfect steak dinner is a treat you will want to share with your loved one, to celebrate something special. But steakhouses are known for more than their fine steak–there are also the special sides, and a luxurious dessert. And when you dine out, you get to enjoy a lovely appetizer or two.
You can easily recreate this at home. Many appetizers can be made ahead of time. You may want to make a spinach and artichoke dip in advance, and reheat just before you are ready to serve. A homemade French onion soup can be made and reheated as well. Both are well known steakhouse treats.
Here’s a full menu’s worth of steakhouse dishes you can make at home.
– Houston’s is one of the best restaurants around. Their spinach artichoke dip is a creamy and well seasoned dip you won’t want to miss.
– It’s easy to make this classic French soup ahead of time and reheat it just before serving.
Let’s talk sides. So many restaurants are known for their side dishes. I personally love the salt-crusted baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, creamed spinach, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Recreating a salt-crusted baked potato is no mystery: a little oil and some kosher salt and you can recreate this dish. Asparagus is easy to roast in the oven. Creamed spinach is an amazing way to enjoy fresh spinach. Roasted garlic mashed potatoes is one of the most requested side dishes around.
– Solve the mystery of how they make the salt stick on the baked potato. One simple ingredient will do the trick.
– Don’t buy asparagus in a can, and forget the frozen asparagus. Roast fresh asparagus in the oven.
– This is a decadent side dish that will turn the spinach hater into the spinach lover.
– These mashed potatoes are filled with the wonderful flavor of roasted garlic. Roasted garlic turns mashed potatoes into an amazing side dish.
It’s really your choice how you want to cook your steak, and the cut of steak you enjoy the most. Some people love a good grilled ribeye, or t-bone, while others like the lower fat option of a tenderloin. I always keep my eye out for meats that are on sale–you can often find a good cut of steak available at a reasonable price, if you don’t have your heart set on a particular cut of steak. Here are a few ideas for enhancing the steak flavor.
Beef Rub and Coffee Cure – This smoky rub is perfect for a steak. A hint of spice, a hint of sweet, and a touch of ground coffee turns your steak into something amazing.
Steak Diane – This steak is made with an amazing mustard sauce that is so hard to resist.
Going out for dinner means enjoying a bit of dessert with your meal. I can’t think of a better way to finish a fine meal than with a dessert. This melting chocolate cake is so hard to resist, and it is easy to make. Plus, there’s nothing better than an individual dessert. Bananas Foster is an amazing dessert; if you have a portable burner, you can make this special dessert at the table. New York-style cheesecake can be made ahead, and served at your dinner.
Chocolate Melting Cake – This recipe tastes just like the Carnival Cruise Line’s version. This is their most requested dessert. You can make this recipe very easily.