July 13, 2019
Salad side Dishes for BBQ
This salad is the kind of wholly satisfying dish that makes you wonder if you might possibly be a very happy vegetarian. It’s delicious for lunch or a light bite — all you need to complete the meal is a hunk of warm crusty bread to sop up all the lemon-scented olive oil and feta. It’s also wonderful as a side dish to grilled fish, chicken or steak (particularly these ).
Begin by tossing big, thick asparagus spears in olive oil, salt and pepper — and get your grill nice and hot.
Grill the spears for a few minutes, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp.
Chop them into bite-sized pieces and toss with the crumbled feta and lemon zest.
That’s all there is to it!
- 1 bunch thick asparagus, about 24 spears, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1/3 cup
Share this article
Side dishes for Barbecue party
September 4, 2018
Side Dishes for Barbecue chicken
August 1, 2016
Good side Dishes for Grilled chicken
April 16, 2019