This recipe is sure to impress even the most timid of grillers. By harnessing the power of indirect heat and this recipe you will be sure to have something to be thankful for!
Grilled Pumpkin Pie
by Michael P. Clive
1- 9 inch frozen pie shell
1-3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Pre-heat grill for indirect cooking over high heat at 425F.
2. Filling: In a bowl, WHISK together the pumpkin puree, sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Pour into pie shell.
3. BAKE using indirect heat for 15 minutes with the lid always closed. Reduce the temperature to 350F still using indirect medium heat as your method to bake.
4. CONTINUE to bake for an additional 35 minutes or until a knife is inserted into the center of the pie and comes out clean.
- Paradise Oils Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Leave-In Conditioner.