Best recipes for BBQ
Happy Thursday..most of your work weeks are almost over and mine will be starting tonight..boo. As much as I enjoy the couple nights a week to get out of the house alone…and as much as I HATE leaving my little man for any reason, sometimes I wish the couple nights I left weren’t to go to work but to actually enjoy some alone time…shopping, dinner, even a drink haha (definitely the drink!) C’est la Vie! I wouldn’t trade this handsome little munchkin for ANYTHING!
This was the first time I’ve made homemade BBQ Sauce..and all I can say is what the hell was I waiting for?! This stuff is like liquid crack. I haven’t been able to stop eating it by the spoonful’s for two days…I’m not even joking! I’m obsessed with it! I made it initially for these crazy burgers..(more on that later!) and since then have used it on sandwiches, mini chicken bites, to spoon into my mouth…and the ideas popping into my head to just gobble it right up are endless! I will NEVER buy store-bought again, this was to easy and the end result is just far to amazing! You are welcome! 😉
The Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Ever!
This is a sweet BBQ Sauce! If you're looking to make it spicy, (like Ill do on my next batch!), just cut back slightly on the sugar and add more cayenne!!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to simmer for 45 minutes-1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool before storing it in the fridge! (That is if you don't eat it all first! 😉 )