Simple salads for BBQ
Today I am re-making, re-improving one of my all time favorite salads, the Barbecue Chicken Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing. I swear this is one salad that I could eat everyday!! Psst… I ate it for dinner, lunch then dinner again. he he
This salad has it all, chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and my favorite part healthy BBQ Ranch Dressing. Oh man is it good!! It’s filling, healthy and just loaded with flavor. If you’re a frequent reader you will know I love BBQ and Southwestern flavors, so why not put them together for this classic salad?
The dressing is my favorite part, it’s made with greek yogurt, barbecue sauce and ranch seasoning. I love how thick and creamy it is without all of the calories. ! Definitely better than store bought without all of the calories! Try the dressing and dip chicken in it, so good!
For the chicken, I marinated my chicken in chiavetta’s marinade. But I didn’t put that in the recipe because I know it is an east coast, maybe even just a ? So in the recipe I put cooked chicken. A rotisserie chicken would be perfect in this recipe or leftover chicken from another meal.
A light, refreshing, healthy salad made with black beans, corn, avocado and topped with a low calorie barbecue ranch dressing.
- 6 oz. greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce (your favorite kind, I used Stubbs Spicy)
- 1 tsp. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning, packet
- ½ tsp. milk (optional)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- ½ cup black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- 8 oz chicken, skinless, boneless, cooked, diced
- To make dressing: In a small bowl add greek yogurt, barbecue sauce, ranch seasoning and milk. Mix until combined; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide between two plates romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, tomato, cucumber, avocado and chicken. Top with barbecue ranch dressing