Low-Fat Grilling Recipes
Low Fat Chicken Caeser Salad PDF (133 KB)
Three Bean Salad
Low fat, high fiber, high protein salad.
- Steam or cook the green beans in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Drain and plunge beans into cold water to stop cooking and retain color.
- Combine cooked green beans with cannellini beans, kidney beans and shallots in a large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard and drizzle over bean mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serving Size 6-8 Servings
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat 21
Total Fat 2.4g (Sat 0.3g)
Total Carbs 30.4g
Three Bean Salad PDF (133 KB)
Low Fat Potato Salad
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook potatoes until tender.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, Dijonnaise and plain yogurt.
- Add cooled potatoes and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size 6 Servings
Calories from Fat 5 (sat 0.5g)
Total Carbs 26.4g
Low Fat Potato Salad PDF (133 KB)
Sure you could make your standard boneless, skinless chicken breast on the grill and call it a meal, but why not try and spice things up a bit while keeping in line with your macros and diet? It is possible!
Grilling and barbecuing are great ways to cook your food, make it flavorful and stick to your diet, because those methods of cooking don't add unnecessary calories. Thanks to Jeff Behar for these incredible recipes that are sure to please the tongue, and the abs!
Tasty Chicken Kabobs
Marinating these chicken kabobs all-day or overnight in a simple blend of yogurt and lemon juice makes them succulent and juicy, but the active cooking time is only about a half an hour, so they're a great quick dinner.
For a nutritious side, thread cipollini onions, red-pepper chunks, and mushrooms on a skewer and brush with olive oil to grill alongside the chicken.
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Total Carbs 3g
As a side to this dish you can add a salad or more grilled vegetables. This will add fiber to this meal helping you feel full.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes (so they don't burn on the grill).
BBQ Pork Chops
Lean pork chops make a nice change from eating chicken, and the leanest cuts—from the loin—are leaner than chicken thighs, so don't feel guilty about eating pork chops from time to time. As with all meats, be sure to trim any excess fat before cooking. These barbecued pork chops are tangy and delicious.
- Mix cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Marinades can tenderize the surface of the meat only to about 1/4 inch. That's why it's important to make sure the marinade covers the entire surface of your meat. It also helps to score the meat (cut into the surface about 1/4 inch deep with a sharp knife in several places) before coating it with marinade.
- Pour marinade into bag and cover chops with it.
- Marinate for at least 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Spray grill with high-temperature nonstick cooking spray before heating; or spray broiler rack while broiler is heating.
- Place marinated chops on grill or broiler and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side.
Serving Size 4 Servings
Calories from fat 68
Total fat 7.6g (sat 2.6g)
Total Carbs 11.5g
BBQ Pork Chops PDF (134 KB)
- Gently combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into four and form four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Grill turkey burgers for 5-6 minutes per side, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Calories from fat 23
Total fat 2.6g (sat 0.1g)
Total Carbs 14.9g
Turkey Burgers PDF (289 KB)
I know, you're probably a little nervous or worried about having dessert. But I can assure you that these are totally bodybuilder physique friendly (provided you control your portion sizes and eat them in moderation).
- Place the oats, dried fruits, almonds, linseeds (flax), cinnamon and apple juice into a Tupperware container.
- Add water to cover and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight until all the juice has been absorbed.
- Grate the apple and add this and the yoghurt to the mixture.
- Divide the muesli among three bowls, stir in a scoop of protein powder and top with an equal serving of the berries.
Muesli PDF (134 KB)
Low-carb Protein Bars
- Mix everything.
- Put on an PAM-coated baking tray and flatter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 175 Celsius.
Low Carb Protein Bars PDF (133 KB)
Oat Applesauce Muffins
- Combine Dry ingredients and wet ingredients separate.
- Then combine both but do not over mix.
- Pour into non-stick muffin tin & bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick that is inserted comes out dry.
Oat Applesauce Muffins PDF (133 KB)
Foods To Pack for a Camping Trip or Picnic
Chances are you're eating clean now, as we speak, so there's nothing wrong with having leftovers from your salmon/lean steak/turkey dinner last night with some add-ons like a healthy baked sweet potato, steamed veggies, and something nice and light for dessert like protein powder pudding, healthy protein cookies, or homemade granola bars.