BBQ party food ideas
Nothing says summertime quite like a barbecue. From time spent out in the yard soaking up some sun to the scent of something delicious being cooked on the grill, a barbecue a great way to celebrate summer birthdays and warm weather holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. In this planning you'll find ideas for BBQ party invitations, decorations, party games, and more! Shop ourSummer Party Supplies or Americana Summer Party Supplies
What Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies such as plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, table covers, streamers, balloons, and a grill, consider buying, renting, or borrowing the following items:
- Outdoor games and activities
- Water guns and other water toys
- Themed candy
- A potato sack race game
- A pinata
- Insect repellent
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized BBQ party supplies with curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the BBQ invitation.
- Design the card to resemble the grill you'll be cooking on.
- Include a sticker or temporary tattoo and some confetti with each BBQ party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized BBQ party sticker.
- Use paper with a red gingham border to create your invitations.
- Print your invitations on colored cardstock, and include clip art images of a barbecue grill, picnic table, etc.
BBQ Party Decorations Enhancing the atmosphere of your barbecue will be a breeze when you include themed decorations. Here are some ideas of how to set the scene for your cookout:
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday BBQ!"
- Cover tables with red and white checkered cloth. Use red bandanas as napkins.
- Use a pot of flowers as the table centerpiece.
- Hang small clear twinkle lights in trees or on deck railings.
- Fill red and white balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of five. Anchor the groups around the party space with balloon weights, and tie one group to the back of the birthday child's chair.
- On really hot days, set up a canopy or beach umbrellas to provide some shade.
- Place separate recycle bins for paper and plastic (to include glass/plastic/aluminum items) near the food tables.
- Hang a pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
BBQ Party Food Ideas One of the most important parts of any barbecue-themed bash is the food. Here are some suggestions of classic BBQ grub to serve at your event:
- Grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken drumsticks
- Grilled vegetable slices
- Cole slaw, potato salad, sliced fruit, deviled eggs, baked beans, and small pieces of corn on the cob
- Water, lemonade and other drinks that will keep kids hydrated in the warm weather. Use silly straws for some added cookout party fun!
- Provide the ingredients for s'mores and let the kids roast their own marshmallows.
- Popsicles or an ice cream sundae bar are a sure hit with kids when it comes to dessert. Set up a table with ice cream and a variety of toppings in serving bowls, and then let the guests choose their own toppings.
BBQ Party Favors Choose fun, summertime party favors to encourage guests to continue spending time outdoors even after the party comes to an end, like:
- Jump ropes
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Beach balls
- Bounce putty
- Water Toys