Recipes for a BBQ party
Are you a big wings fan? I have a confession – typically I only go “boneless” and have NEVER made them at home. SAY WHAT?! I guess because I wasn’t the hugest fan, it never occurred to me to make my own wings. But they are TOP on my husband’s list of favorite foods so when the gals said they wanted a wings-themed month I thought, better late than never and set out to find an easy starter recipe.I knew that I wanted to bake these babies because me, oil and frying always terrifies my husband. Let’s just say I’m not the most graceful cook. So to keep it on the safe side I started checking out baked wing recipes. Then I came across these crispy baked wings by Kristen and I loved the sound of her flour trick! So I incorporated that into these wings along with a modified honey bbq sauce that I found. A mash up of two yummy recipes? Yes, please! And these Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings were born.
These Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Wings are easy to make and perfect for game day!
Author: Kimberly Sneed
Serves: 18 wings
- 18 chicken wings
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper.
- Wash, dry, and dip the wings into the flour mixture until coated.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.